The school takes pride – with due reverence and obeisance to her patron saint, Saint Teresa of Avila – in being christened with the name of a province in Spain, which has given to the world Saint Teresa – the unparalleled advocate of the spirit of true Christianity and who carries the title – The Doctor of the Church with unquestionable aptness.
Teresa of Avila, also called Saint Teresa of Jesus was a prominent Spanish mystic, Roman Catholic Saint, Carmelite nun, Writer of the Counter Reformation and theologian of contemplative life through mental prayer. She was a reformer of the Carmelite Order and is considered to be a founder of the Discalced Carmelites. In 1622, forty years after her death she was canonized by Pope Gregory XV and was in 1970 named a Doctor of the Church by Pope Paul VI.
What the school shares with this Christian mystic is not merely the name but the most holy and divine intercession through this patron Saint of the school with Christ our Saviour in each second in the life of every Avilite.